Chicken katsu is one of the cuisines that comes from Japan. But because it tastes good and delicious, this food is now popular in France, other Asian countries. Generally, chicken katsu served with rice complete with ketchup, mayonnaise and vegetable salad. For rice can be replaced with boiled potatoes or fried potatoes complete with a few slices of boiled carrots.
If seen from the way of manufacture, processed chicken katsu is very similar to chicken fillet fried flour, chicken steak that is equally made from chicken meat in the fillet and then seasoned and cooked with savory flavored flour that wrapped it. Cooking fried chicken like this is most delicious to eat when still warm to the sensation of flour feels. We deliberately choose teriyaki sauce for how to make this one sauce is quite easy. Well for those of you who love the chicken katsu crispy is crispy outside and soft inside, let’s look at the ingredients and how to make chicken katsu recipe as follows:
Chicken katsu ingredients:
- 250-gram chicken breast fillet
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Lime juice 1 tablespoon
- Flour spices versatile to taste
- Flour bread/flour panic sufficiently
- Egg 1 item (shake off)
- Milk powder 1 tablespoon
Teriyaki sauce material:
- Garlic 2 cloves (puree)
- Onions 1/4 cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Cornstarch 1 teaspoon (dissolve with a little water)
How to make chicken katsu teriyaki sauce:
- Chicken Katsu: first clean the chicken, salt, pepper and lemon juice and let stand for 15 minutes. After that mix the milk and flour spice versatile until blended. Set aside.
- Next ballerina the chicken into a versatile flour, put it into egg whisk, put it again into the versatile flour, eggs and the last of bread flour. Somewhat tap a bit so that the flour sticks well and then fry until cooked in a hot oil that uses a small flame.
- Teriyaki sauce: saute garlic and onions until the smell of delicious fragrance. Then add the oyster sauce and teriyaki sauce, mix well. Finally, enter the cornstarch solution, stir back until thickened. Lift.
- Serving: sliced chicken katsu on a serving plate, then put teriyaki sauce on it. For a variety of views can be added sprinkled sesame seeds on it. Serve while warm.
It does not take a long time and a special trick to make this katsu chicken. So this katsu chicken recipe can be prewash by anyone including beginners who are just learning to cook. In addition to the family’s mainstay menu while being lazy to cook, chicken katsu is also fitted served a school lunch menu practical. Children will love, do not forget to add vegetable stir fry to better nutritional value. Good luck